IN THE COMMUNITY
Como Park Animal Hospital has been a neighborhood veterinary hospital for over 30 years. We work hard to be good neighbors and good members of the community at large. Our patients now come to us from across MN, and parts of WI, IA, and SD. We have proudly provided veterinary care over the years to various service and police/security dogs, including the St. Paul K9 Unit, Maplewood K9 Unit, Stillwater Corrections, K9 dogs in training, and others. In the past, Dr. Wetherill and others have lent their expertise to local zoos and wildlife organizations, as well as educational institutions who house and use animals for research, to ensure the humane use and care of those animals. Our doctors and staff enjoy promoting, supporting and assisting various community events, including the Humane Society Walk for Animals and the BART (Basic Animal Rescue Training) Duatholon. Several of our staff donate their personal time and resources to foster animals in need, and our hospital occasionally hosts animals looking for homes.
THANK YOU FOR ADOPTING
We appreciate and support the efforts of animal rescue organizations, but we also want to thank individuals who adopt and bring rescued pets into their homes and their lives. As a token of our thanks, we offer a FREE ADOPTION EXAM* for newly adopted pets. To qualify:
- Schedule your pet’s exam within 30 days of adoption
- Bring proof of adoption to your appointment
- Bring all provided medical records for that pet to your appointment
*Free exam is for pet adopted from officially recognized rescues only. Offer applies to exam fee only; all other services, products and medications are billed at regular price.
Como Park Animal Hospital supports to efforts of rescue organizations throughout MN. Our hospital provides care for pets in many rescue organizations, and offers financial support to those organizations, including discounts on care while they are waiting for their forever homes.
We encourage those looking to bring a new animal into their home to look to rescue to find your new companion. Or consider simply making a donation to a rescue to aid them in helping animals in need throughout our city, state and region.
FIND A RESCUE
*This is not a complete list of rescue organizations in the Twin Cities / MN. If you represent a rescue organization, and wish to have your website listed here, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
*Como Park Animal Hospital is not responsible for the views or content of these organizations, their websites or representatives.
DOGS, CATS, AND MORE
- Animal Humane Society: Rescue, care and adoption for dogs, cats, birds and small exotics www.animalhumanesociety.org
MARS (Midwest Animal Rescue Services): Minnesota-based adoption for many species www.midwestanimalrescue.org
Animal Ark of MN: MN’s largest no-kill shelter www.animalarkshelter.org
Second Chance Animal Rescue: Foster network centered in the Twin Cities www.secondchancerescue.org
- Feline Rescue of MN: MN-based no-kill shelter: www.felinerescue.org
BIRDS & EXOTICS
- MAARS (Midwest Avian Adoption & Rescue): Rescue, adoption and sanctuary for many breeds of domestic birds: www.maars.org
- MN Pocket Pet Rescue: Rescue and adoption for rabbits, guinea pigs and pocket pets. www.mnpocketpetrescue.org
- SecondHand Hounds: An organization dedicated to providing dogs of all sizes (and even some cats) with loving forever homes. www.secondhandhounds.org
- Midwest Pug Rescue: Multi-state organization focused on finding homes for pugs. www.mnmidwestpugrescue.com
- RAGOM (Retrieve A Golden Of Minnesota): Multi-state based organization focused on finding homes for golden retriever. www.ragom.org
- A Rotta Love: An organization dedicated to breed awareness, education, rescue and adoption of pitbulls and Rottweilers. www.arottalove.org
- Small Dog Rescue of MN: An all-volunteer group committed to the rescue, rehabilitation, and placement of dogs 20 pounds and under. www.smalldogsminnesota.org/
Keep in touch
Monday - Thursday
8:00 am - 8:00 pm
8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Saturday - Sunday
8:00 am - 2:00 pm