One of the things that makes Como Park Animal Hospital unique is that we offer expanded healthcare for birds, reptiles, pocket pets and exotic pets, alongside our dog and cat patients. We know that pets come in all shapes and sizes and veterinary care needs do as well.
Services for Exotics Include:
- Preventative Care Exams & Evaluations
- Diagnostics – bloodwork, urinalysis, parasitology, cytology, x-ray, ultrasound and more
- 24 Hour On-Site Emergency & Urgent Care
- Dental Care
- Medical Grooming – nails, beaks, wings and more
What kind of exotic pets do we care for?
- Birds – psittacine, passarine and some fowl*
- Guinea Pigs
- Pocket Pets – gerbils, hamsters, rats, mice, sugar gliders
- Reptiles* – including but not limited to, bearded dragons, iguanas, chameleons, geckos, monitors, water dragons, uromastyx, tegus and skinks
- Other* – please call us to ask if your pet is not listed
*We currently do not care for potbelly or teacup pigs, fish, venomous amphibians, snakes or reptiles, raptors, non-human primates, wildlife, zoo animals and some large exotics. We can see some specialty exotics if they are legal to own in Minnesota and are properly registered/licensed (proof of registration may be required).
What about Wildlife?
We are not currently licensed to care for wildlife, and some species are protected by law. Fortunately, there is a nationally renowned Wildlife Rehab Center less than 2 miles from our location (north on Dale Street). If you find a wild animal in need, don’t touch them, and call the Wildlife Rehab Center right away. Their wonderful staff will help you figure out how best to help that special critter and keep yourself out of harms way. Learn more at www.wrcmn.org
Have an Exotic Pet that Needs a Vet?
Schedule an Appointment Today. Our phones are answered 24 hours a day, and all our vets see exotic pets, even on emergency (even at 2am!). Call (651) 487-3255 today to setup an exam for all your exotic pets. Your special friend deserves no less!
“Wonderful, hands on and genuine about the care and comfort for my animal. It’s hard to find a great reptile vet when there are only so few who’s expertise is in exotics. This was my second vet for my bearded dragon and he was absolutely amazing with her. He knew his stuff and obviously had experience with these animals.”
Keep in touch
Monday - Thursday
8:00 am - 8:00 pm
8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Saturday - Sunday
8:00 am - 2:00 pm